Test for your Marriage
This test may help to open lines of communication.
You and your partner could mark the symptoms that you think apply in your relationship. Talk together about the one you feel the strongest.
- I feel we compete with one another.
- I feel nagged or over-supervised.
- I feel bored and lonely.
- I feel we are not interested enough in each other’s problems.
- I feel we are in a rut.
- I feel there is too much rudeness, teasing, sarcasm or just plain insults.
- Sometimes I feel that there are others who understand me better than you do.
- I feel that I practice escapism through things like TV, compulsive socializing, drinking, supposed sickness, etc. rather than face relating to you.
- I feel a coolness in our relationship.
- I feel left out of the planning.
- I feel we take each other for granted.
- I feel we quarrel too frequently.
- I feel our conversation is superficial.
- I feel a decline in thoughtfulness and small courtesies.
- I feel that I get more than my share of the responsibility for the kids.
- I feel a lack of romantic love.
- I feel there is a rise in the frequency of headaches and other excuses which prevent us from having sexual relations.
If it helps, write to each other about the symptom you are most concerned about. Compare notes, in a quiet relaxed atmosphere, and not too late at night when you are over-tired!