Introduction to Marriage:
Relationship between two people, husband and wife, legal relationship making vows in front of a registrar, and vows before God the King of kings and Lord of lords.
God’s plan from the beginning of time (Genesis 2:18 and following). God made a person to give aid and assistance to surround Adam. (Genesis 2:21-22) She was carefully hand-crafted by God.
1. Genesis 2:24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife in such a way that the two become one person.
2. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (vital to remember) “Don’t be teamed with those who do not love the Lord, for what do the people of God have in common with the people of sin? How can light live with darkness? And what harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn’t believe? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For you are God’s temple, the home of the living God, and God has said of you, “I will live in them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people.” 17 That is why the Lord has said, “Leave them; separate yourselves from them; don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you, 18 and be a Father to you, and you will be My sons and daughters.”
3. Proverbs 18:22 “The man who finds a wife, finds a good thing. She is a blessing to him from the Lord.”
4. Mark 10:8,9 “and he and his wife are united so that they are no longer two, but one. 9 And no man may separate what God has joined together”.
5. Romans 7:2 “Let me illustrate: when a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband as long as he is alive. But if he dies she is no longer bound to him; the laws of marriage no longer apply to her.”
6. 1 Corinthians 7:10-11 “Now, for those who are married I have a command, not just a suggestion. And it is not a command from me, for this is what the Lord himself has said: A wife must not leave her husband. 11 But if she is separated from him, let her remain single or else go back to him. And the husband must not divorce his wife.”
7. Esther 2:17 “Well, the king loved Esther more than any of the girls. He was so delighted with her that he set the royal crown on her head and declared her queen instead of Vashti.”
8. Song of Solomon 8:7.” Many waters cannot quench the flame of love, neither can the floods drown it. If a man tried to buy it with everything he owned, he couldn’t do it.”
What God desires for Husbands:
What God desires for Wives:
If you both obey the God-given guidelines in Colossians 3 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, you will not fail.
Marriage is also a picture of God’s union with the Church, which He calls the Bride of Christ and the Body of Christ.
1. 2 Corinthians 11:2 “I am anxious for you with the deep concern of God Himself,anxious that your love should be for Christ alone, just as a pure maiden saves her love for one man only, for the one who will be her husband.”
2. Ephesians 5:23 “For a husband is in charge of his wife in the same way Christ is in charge of His body the Church.”
3. Revelation 19:7 “Let us be glad and rejoice and honor Him; for the time has come for the wedding banquet of the Lamb, and His bride has prepared herself”.
4. Revelation 21:2 “And I, John, saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven. It was a glorious sight,beautiful as a bride at her wedding.”